A fire outbreak has been reported at Park View Shopping Centre, located just opposite the old taxi park in downtown Kampala.

The fire started in Paradise Restaurant on the fifth floor of the arcade at around 7.30 AM. Black clouds of smoke were seen blowing out of windows. A security guard on the building, said the fire started from a charcoal stove that was left unattended to inside the restaurant. “Someone lit the charcoal stove and left it unattended to for a long time, thus causing a fire outbreak,” he said.

The fire was however contained before it could spread to other parts of the building. It is not yet clear what the extent of the damage caused is, however, police has kicked off investigations.

 

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Don`t copy text!