Kenya has confirmed its first Coronavirus case.
Health Cabinet Secretary Mutahi Kagwe on Friday 13th March said the patient is a Kenyan who travelled from US via London. She arrived in the country on 5th March from United Kingdom.

He said that although patient, a Kenyan, is stable and eating, she will not be released from hospital until she is confirmed negative. Our sources have not yet found out the names of the patient.

The woman is at Kenyatta National Hospital’s Infectious Disease Unit where she is being isolated from the public.

The government says it has traced all contacts the patient made since her arrival. There is however developing panic among the Kenyans as the pandemic continues to spread across the globe.

Consequently, Kenya has suspended all travel outside the country unless necessary.

Coronavirus was recently declared a pandemic by the World Health Organization. The pandemic has so far caused over 118,000 confirmed cases worldwide and over 4,262 death. The world is all at panic.

Kenya joins the few African countries that have confirmed the virus including South Africa, Democratic Republic of Congo and Egypt.

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Pius

Writer by default

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!
Don`t copy text!