Leaders in Gulu district have threatened to organize the people in the region for a massive protest if the government does not open up Gulu district.
Speaking to media on Wednesday, Matin Ojara Mapinduzi the LCV chairperson of Gulu district said that he was shocked to receive a letter from the ministry of health on Tuesday saying that Gulu district was under a lockdown because it was one of the high risk districts to COVID-19.

Read Also; I will crash you, Gulu RDC strongly warns opposition politicians on rallies

Gulu has so far received four community coronavirus cases, three of which have already healed and one was taken to Lira Regional Referral hospital. These cases were however contacts from truck drivers who came from Elegu in Amuru district and South Sudan.

On Wednesday 24th, Gulu district COVID-19 taskforce blocked vehicles and motorcycles from entering and exiting Gulu, saying that the district was under a lockdown.

Kilak South MP Gilbert Olanya demanded that the district be opened within two days or else face a massive protest. He said that the lockdown was unrealistic.

Read Also;

COVID-19: Kadaga Summons Health Officials over Gulu Lockdown
COVID: 12 Gulu doctors quarantined, health centre closed

Lily Odong, Woman MP for Nwoya tabled the matter on Wednesday before parliament, demanding that Gulu be opened up.

Gilbert Olanya also said that they won’t be allowing trucks to “continue bringing coronavirus” yet they are locked down. He vowed to call on people to protest by sitting on the roads for as long as it will take to open up the district.

Spread the love
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  

By Pius

Writer by default

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Ekyooto Uganda
Don`t copy text!