On Sunday evening, Gen. Yoweri Museveni in his televised address announced a list of guidelines to be enforced as the country braced for a second wave of the pandemic. Our reporter takes you through some of the contradictions in the statements made by Gen. Museveni.
1. If weddings are allowed but Churches and mosques are closed, then there will be no weddings!
2. Many government workers reside in one district and work in another. Saying that cross border movements are banned means many workers will be unable to worker and many offices will become dysfunctional.
3. If crossborder movements are banned but farming is allowed, yet many farmers reside in one district while farming in another, then farming will not take place.
4. Members of Parliament and NRM Caucus are allowed to work but District and other Councils are not allowed to work. This all shows Uganda’s covid is just politicized by those in power.
5. If students and pupils are hindered from competing their studies but rather dispatched to their homes where they shall mix with their communities, then something is not right with the president.
6. People are not allowed to congregate in church but lodges are open